Meeting 8 – 3rd June 2014

Wilmcote Neighbourhood Planning Group

Minutes of Meeting                                                                                Number  8

Held at the Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 3rd June 2014

In attendance:

Colin Ray, Jennie Clarke representing PC

Alan Griffith (Chairman), Roger Harrison (Treasurer), Lisa Plumb, John Singleton, Ken Guy, Nick Willson, Keith Vinning,


Richard Hoskin, Ted Mander, Stuart Taylor, Emma and Peter Ward, Peter Goddard, Pam Reynolds.

Circulation all the above plus, Kate Compton, Jackie Bates, Lisa Cashmore, Yvonne Burt, Steve Howell, Liz Hunt, Deana Fernie,  Peter Howard, Jennifer Jackson, Hugh Frost, Darren Gwynne

  1. 1.      Minutes of Last meeting dated 6th May
    1. a.       The minutes where accepted as a true record of the meeting.


  1. 2.       Matters Arising.
    1. a.       Communication 4.0.  It was noted that all the quarterly flyers had been delivered to each house.  Copies were also posted on all the village notice boards plus the shop and village school.
    2. b.      Sectors 6d.  Meeting between Private and Social housing did not take place due to illnesses.  The social housing team may need further support AG to review.

                                                                                                                                                                                                               i.      Action  AG

  1. 3.      PC Report
    1. a.       As noted in the Post Note in the last minutes , Wilmcote as a  Local Service village still needs to allocate land for up to 75 homes.


  1. 4.      Sector Reports
    1. a.       Housing.

                                                               i.      JS has issued copies of his research into housing in the village to all parties.

                                                             ii.      Initial Issues schedule and possible questions completed

  1. b.      Social Housing

                                                               i.      No further report made.

  1. c.       Amenities

                                                               i.      E/PW sent report on all the amenities in the village.

                                                             ii.      The above report identified numerous questions that needed to be considered for the public questionnaire.

  1. d.      Commercial/Industrial/Retail

                                                               i.      Research completed into the number of businesses that operate in the village.  This totals 40 plus, many sole traders.

                                                             ii.      Waiting feedback from the Landlords of the Public Houses and Mary Arden’s House.

                                                            iii.      List of general questions have been produced for sole traders and others.

  1. e.      Utilities and Infrastructure.

                                                               i.      Contact has now been made with all utilities and transport companies.

                                                             ii.      Questions will be limited to roadways, speed limits’, parking etc.

                                                            iii.      SDC to be contacted to establish water and sewage capacity.  Fiona Blundell confirmed this was available at meeting number 1 with SDC.

                                                                                                                                                                                                               i.      Action NW/ST

  1. f.        Reports General

                                                               i.      Meeting discussed the layout of the final reports.  These need to be all structured in the same format.  AG to send layout to all sector heads.

                                                                                                                                                                                                               i.      Action AG

The final report must show where the information was sourced, minutes of meeting, the assessment of information and the conclusions.

                                                                                                Action JS/RH/JJ/ST/E-PW


  1. 5.      Public Presentation 26th June
    1. a.       Slide presentation

                                                               i.      Some sector leaders had already sent slides to AG.

                                                             ii.      AG has incorporated the slides into his list power point presentation.

                                                            iii.      It was agreed that the Utilities and Infrastructure slides would be split. The main slide will just list the issues covered and the slides prepared by Stuart and Nick will be in the presentation file after the Q and A session. This will enable the information to be pulled up if required during the Q and A period.

                                                           iv.      It was felt the same could be said for Amenities.  For presentation purposes just list the amenities that have been considered and reviewed.

                                                             v.      AG to forward the slides to Pam and Lisa to format, add logo etc.

                                                                                                                                                                                                               i.      Action AG

  1. b.      Presentation

                                                               i.      Colin Ray kindly offered his projector.

                                                             ii.      The group will see if it can borrow the gardening club’s screen.

                                                            iii.      Presentation will be lead by AG and will present all 14 or 15 slides.

If assistance is required AG will ask during the presentation

                                                           iv.      All Questions will be addressed to AG who will answer questions or ask sector leaders to respond on behalf of the group.

  1. c.       Format

                                                               i.      Meeting will start at 7.00pm

                                                             ii.      All members of committee to arrive at 6.00pm to set up hall.

                                                                                                                                                                                                               i.      Action All

                                                            iii.      Presentation to last circa 30 minutes.

                                                           iv.      Tea and Coffee offered after presentation and before Q and A.

                                                                                                                                                                                                               i.      Action AG

                                                             v.      Those present to be given 3 stickers at the end of the presentation, in 3 colours which will be ranked, one, two or three. These stickers to be placed on Village Map by individuals to show where they would favour development.  Outline of criteria to be given by chairman during presentation. This will only provide a guide as it will only be a small number of residents present.  Makes the process interactive.

                                                           vi.      POST NOTE;  AG will mount  Maps

                                                          vii.      Lisa Plumb and Lisa Cashmore to take minutes of Public Meeting.


  1. d.      Flyer Reminder for Village

                                                               i.      LP advised they would be available on 6th June. It was agreed that they would be delivered on or about 16th June, 10 days before the meeting.

                                                             ii.      Lisa will put the flyers in the Village shop for distribution by the individuals who have delivered the previous public notices.

                                                            iii.      RH is away for a month.  Keith Vinning very kindly offered to do Swanfold and all properties from the Village shop out to the Stud Farm (Moor Farm) on the Billesley Road.

                                                           iv.      Nick Willson would do Stone Pits if Ken Guy is on Holiday.

                                                             v.      John Singleton cannot help Jennie Clarke with Pathlow.  AG to email Jennifer Jackson for her help.

                                                                                                                                                                                                               i.      Action  AG

  1. 6.      Treasurers Report
    1. a.       The grant application for £7,000 had been submitted. First payment for this calendar year of £4,235 will be received this week.  NPG can claim a further 10% if required, subject to proving expenditure.

If the planning process accelerates, the balance of the £7,000 could be called upon subject again to further proof of costs.


  1. 7.      Consultant Selection
    1. a.       The meeting discussed the selection of any consultants. CRH confirmed that several had been researched.

                                                               i.      The first consultant would be required to overview final questionnaire and analyse the findings. CRH is hopeful of a lump sum for undertaking the process.  It was confirmed to PC representatives that the individuals being reviewed, all have past experience in fulfilling the role in SDC.

                                                             ii.      A second consultant may be required to assist with the selection of sites. A qualified Planner may be required. Daily rate no more than £500. The need for this service needs to be reviewed with SDC NP liaison manager.

                                                            iii.      A Consultant to independently review the draft and final plan. Again to be undertaken on a daily rate of no more than £500.


  1. 8.       Communications
    1. a.        All the files are up to date.
    2. b.      Next quarterly flyer to be produced in July.
    3. c.       LP to obtain quotes for questionnaire printing.  Assume that there will be 8 pages and colour will be used.

                                                                                                                                                                                                               i.      Action LP

  1. 9.      SDC Matters
    1. a.       Grant Period

                                                               i.      As noted under 6 above, grant is available for this year.  No confirmation that the balance will be available next year. To be monitored.

  1. b.      Environmental Research

                                                               i.      It was noted that it is imperative that an environmental study is undertaken once the sites are identified to ensure there are no restrictions.

  1. 1.       This will include,
    1. a.        English Heritage
    2. b.      Natural England
    3. c.       Environment Agency
    4. d.      Ecology Review
    5. e.      Archaeological Review
    6. f.        Flood Plains
    7. g.       Warwickshire Direct

It would be helpful for someone to take on this responsibility.

  1. c.       Site Review and Selection

                                                               i.      Matthew Neal, the now coordinator for Neighbourhood Planning, was originally responsible for advising on site selection on behalf of planners.  He would be prepared to visit the likely sites and advise which would suit the Planning Guidance Notes best.

  1. 10.  AOB
    1. a.       Questionnaire

                                                               i.      Meeting discussed the questionnaire. It was agreed that AG would start to map out the questions based upon the research undertaken. He will discuss with CRH.  Once developed into a draft document, a meeting would be convened with the sector leaders to come up with a final document.

  1. 11.  Next Meeting

1st July at the Village Hall at 7.30pm