Festive Fire Warning! – Free Safety Tests for Christmas Lights – Book Now!
Warwickshire County Council Trading Standards and Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service have launched a Christmas Fire Safety campaign to promote festive fire safety and reduce the number of fires caused by faults with Christmas tree lights.
Although it may seem a little early, now is the time for residents, schools, churches, community groups and others to think about getting your Christmas tree lights down from the loft or from the community centre cupboard to check to see if they are fit for purpose.
The main things to look for are:
·Signs of faulty wiring
· Plugs and sockets that get hot when in use
· Fuses that blow for no apparent reason
· Lights that flicker
· Brown scorch marks on sockets, plugs and fuse boxes.
· You should also check each set of lights that you use for other signs of wear and tear, including frayed or bare wires and loose bulbs or connections.
Free Christmas tree light (internal and external lights, including those on properties) testing by an expert electrical examiner will be carried out at the flowing location:
· Tuesday 29th November Stratford upon Avon Fire Station 9.30am to 4pm
To book an appointment, please phone: 01926 414080.