Wilmcote Neighbourhood Planning Group
Minutes of Meeting Number 3
Held at the Village Hall at 7.30pm on Tuesday 7th January 2014
Colin Ray, Jennie Clarke, Ted Mander- PC Representatives
Alan Griffith (Chair), Roger Harrison (Treasurer), Richard Hoskin, John and Jill Philps, Emma and Peter Ward, Ken Guy, Lisa Plumb
John Singleton, David Wyman, Lisa Cashmore
Circulation all above plus, Yvonne Burt, Steve Howell, Darren Gwynne
- 1. Minutes of last Meeting 4th December 2013
- a. These where accepted as a true record by those present.
- 2. Matters Arising
- a. (2a) It has been agreed by the PC that there is no need for a notice board in Pathlow.
- b. (4a) Welford questionnaire circulated. All parties where advised to take time to look at the Welford on Avon web site as there is some very useful information to be found.
- c. (5) RH continuing to review potential third party consultants.
- d. All other actions covered by the agenda.
- 3. NPG Constitution
- a. RH has prepared a constitution for the Wilmcote Planning Group. To be ratified by the meeting once SDC has approved the Parish as a designated planning area.
- 4. PC Report
- a. Designation of Plan Area expected sometime after 10th February.
- b. Parish Boundary to the south of the Pathlow area is likely to expand slightly in 2015. This is anticipated not to affect the NP process.
- 5. Committee Membership.
- a. Lisa Cashmore has advised, that due to commitments, she will be unable to fulfil the secretary role. All recognised that this role is very important. Members to give consideration to who could undertake the role.
- b. Flyer for New Committee Members was discussed. Meeting discussed how it can be improved to give a better understanding of the importance of the NP. All agreed that a revised flyer is to be prepared and agreed between AG, RH, and LP.
- c. Meeting agreed a logo for the NPG, this will be incorporated on all external documents including the flyer.
- d. Parish map to be on the back of the flyer. Key roads highlighted.
- e. RH to arrange printing, 500 copies plus 20 laminated, the laminated copies are for all the notice boards and the shop, community centre etc. Increased the laminated numbers so that the map can be exhibited.
- f. Circulation will be done by members. The following people will be responsible.
i. Emma Ward -112 Aston Cantlow Road to the end on the village
ii. Ken Guy -Stone Pits and Arden Close
iii. Roger Harrison -Rest of Aston Cantlow Road to Shop
iv. Richard Hoskin -Swanfold and shop to stud farm
v. Jill and John Philps – Old School Lane and Manor Drive
vi. Alan Griffith – Station Road
vii. Jennie Clarke -Pathlow
viii. Ted Mander – Glebe Farm
- 6. Sector Review
- a. Private Housing.
i. John Singleton has undertaken some research from information obtained from the census and SDC. Paper prepared by JS was discussed and AG agreed to circulate.
- b. Social Housing
i. Jill advised that some research had been done to establish the owners and operators of the social housing in the Parish. The principal party is Orbit.
- c. Amenities
i. Research continuing by E and P Ward
ii. E&PW to review Welford web site as it covers issue such as Crime and Disorder, Healthcare, Chemists etc. Some of these issues will need to be discussed with the Commercial sector.
i. Action E-PW
- d. Commercial ,Industrial and Retail
i. RH continuing to undertake research.
- e. Utilities/Infrastructure
i. DW to continue research.
- f. Key Sector Actions
i. Critical, select one of the NPG not on the committee or another as a reserve sector leader, so that if the principal cannot attend the reserve will stand in and be totally briefed. No problem with both attending the main committee meetings.
AG and RH will cover each other in the event of absenteeism.
ii. Continue research, to be able to totally understand the respective sectors. This will enable the sector leaders to know the questions to pose for the main public questionnaire.
- 7. Plan Control
- a. Programme of Work
i. AG tabled an outline critical path which was agreed in principle.
ii. The chart will form another section of the CP with supporting comments on the breadth of each activity.
- b. Letter/ Report Headings
i. The logo for the group has been agreed, see 5c above.
ii. Meeting discussed the need for an address particularly as the village has a large number of senior citizens who may not have a computer. It was agreed that the Chairman’s address would be used. However his telephone number or email will not be on the letters. The email will be linked to the web site i.e. info@wilmcotenpg. For reference address:
- a. The Wharf, Wharf Lane, Wilmcote, Stratford on Avon, CV37 9UR
- c. Filing
i. This is critical and will be the responsibility of the secretary once appointed.
- d. Public Recording of Information
i. Once the web site is working all minutes and public notice papers will be placed on the web once approved by the main committee.
ii. Hard copy of the public notice documents must also be required. Location to be agreed.
- e. Communications
i. Communications was discussed the following points where noted.
- a. NPG Face Book page has been set up.
- b. Twitter page to be established.
- c. CR meeting the web site consultant this week. All felt that the approach taken by Welford could be one option.
- d. Lisa will require assistance and will be selecting someone to help.
- g. General Update
i. All sector/function leaders to update their sections of the Control plan. AG will be reviewing shortly to incorporate issues discussed at the last 2 meetings and then will be circulated for comment and expansion.
ii. Target is to have the control plan complete so it can go on the web in
- 8. Finance
- a. RH confirmed that the bank account is now open.
- b. The budget for the grant was tabled and accepted. It was recognised that it cannot be submitted until the Parish has received Planning Status.
- c. Village hall invoice tabled, for payment. AG has booked the first Tuesday each month for meetings.
- 9. AOB
- a. No other business was discussed.
- 10. Next Meeting
- a. 4th February 2014 at 7.30pm Village Hall